You’ve looked at different ways to tan and zeroed in on one method: Spray tanning.
The thing is, there are many ways to do it than just one specific spray tanning method!
Make sure you’re informed before you transform your entire skin.
Let’s delve into the kinds of spray tanning – and which one you should get for yourself.
The Four Types of Spray Tans
Yes, you get four different types with different tanning machines. See which spray tan is the best for you below:
1. Get Airbrushed to Look Like the Gods!
You may be familiar with airbrushing in the makeup world. Airbrushing is a technique commonly used in bridal makeup, but it also has its place in sunless tanning.
Airbrush tanning is spraying a tanning solution onto your skin with compressed air.
The fine spray tan mist settles, giving you the smooth, tanned appearance with no effort! You can adjust the pressure and details to your preference.
Typically, a technician will handle the airbrush spray tanning session for you. This is since typical spray tanning is also different from airbrush tanning.
All you have to do is specify the tanning depth and where you want the spray tan to go.
Do be careful that you won’t wash off your tan too early.
2. Try a High-Volume, Low-Pressure Spray Gun
A high-volume, low-pressure (HVLP) spray tanning gun can be considered the most popular out of all the kinds of spray tans! Your entire body will be covered faster and the color will last.
An HVLP gun operates at a much higher wattage and pressure, and it gives you a natural bronzed color!
3. Use a Low-Volume, Low-Pressure Spray Tan Gun
This spray tanning solution is similar to the HVLP spray tan, only with a few key differences:
- Has a lower pressure compared to HVLP spray tanning machines
- Takes around ten to fifteen minutes for you to get spray tanned
- Adjustable spray delivery, which is perfect for most people!
Try it out! You never know – you might prefer LVLP spray tanning machines over HVLP sprays.
4. Go High-Tech with Automated Spray Tanning Booths
Technology is taking over every aspect of the market today, and spray tanning salons are no different. With tanning booths, you only need to strip, stand still, and let yourself be sprayed.
You’re done spray tanning in about two minutes! Who needs a tanning salon or tanning guns within this setup?
What is the Perfect Spray Tan Solution?
HVLP Spray Tanning Solution vs. LVLP Spray Tanning Solution
Go for the HVLP spray tan guns if:
- You don’t mind the heavy wattage power consumption in exchange for an even spray tan
- You want a quick tan that lasts (it takes as little as 5 minutes!)
- You prefer something on the go – these tanning guns are light and portable, so you’ll find them in pop-up and mobile HVLP booths
However, you can also go for LVLP spray tanning systems if:
- You don’t mind an expensive tan
- You want a quick tan (it only takes 10-15 minutes!) with a spray tan gun
- You don’t mind a noisier machine (it’s best for home and salon use!) to dispense the spray tanning solution
The HVLP and LVLP spray tanning machines have differences and they can have a big impact on your spray tanning solution!
Is Airbrush Spray Tanning for You?
It’s best to use the airbrush spray tanning solution with spray tanning machines if:
- You already have a tan under the sun, and want to even out your tan lines
- You don’t mind waiting 20 to 40 minutes for your tan
- You want something cheaper than other spray tanning solutions
However, it’s also important to note that this spray tanning type can cause a lot of overspray. Overspray can waste a whole lot of product. Sadly, the airbrush spray method tends to be most vulnerable to this out of all the different types.
The tan color can be wasted because of the medium. If you don’t get a pro technician to handle your tanning, you might not have even coloring.
You might also want to find out how much spray tans cost first before you plan on trying them out.
Stand Out with Spray Tanning Booths
Booths are also popular options in spray tanning salons and with spray tanning machines. You should consider this spray tan machine over other spray tan guns if:
- You value privacy and feel uncomfortable with experts using a spray tan gun all over you
- You want a quick solution by yourself (get in, stand there, flip, get out – and have a fine mist sprayed!)
- You don’t mind paying the extra money commonly added to this kind of spray tanning
However, you may need help in manually removing overspray and evening out the layer of tan on your skin. As it just sprays onto your body, there are no individual eyes adjusting it for rougher patches.
What is DHA in Spray Tans and Spray Tanning Guns?
It’s the one common thing out of all of these spray tanning methods for spray tanning machines!
DHA is also known as dihydroxyacetone. Ever wondered what on earth salons spray on you in the first place? From using an airbrush spray to a tanning booth, your tanner is the DHA.
The DHA goes on to the dead cells on your skin. It can take a long time before the cells and the product decreases in shade, so you can trust your golden glow to last for a couple of weeks!
However, DHA isn’t the only thing that’ll hold onto your dead skin cells. Other spray tanning salons may use erythrulose.
Erythrulose is also effective in spray tanning but takes a while to develop. If you only need a short-lived bronzed layer on your skin, try it out!
All of these spray tan solutions will need more than just a shower to fade!
Each spray tanning type is a perfect choice as it all depends on your needs. If you need more depth, use tanning products like indoor lotion tanners or bronzers.
There are so many different types of tanning to achieve a bronzed, glowing look in the spray tanning machines market. Whether you chose an HVLP/LVLP spray gun, airbrush, or booth is all up to you!
We hope we helped. Feel confident in that newly tanned skin!
Just be sure to take care of your spray tan well so that you can prolong its color.
I’m here to share all the tanning tips and tricks that are guaranteed to give you that natural golden glow.
We have guides to tanning FAQs and how to maintain healthy tanned skin.
3000 BC Spa will help you decide which tanning methods and products are best for you!